- Youth Spring Retreat: February 21-23, 2020 @ Cleburne State Park, Cost is $20
- Registration Due February 12th, Contact the youth minister for any questions
- Deacon Nominations Due: February 23, 2020
- Linda Leal, Guest Speaker: February 26, 2020 @ 6:30 PM
Please be reminded that we collect food each month to support the Center of Hope. We can bring can goods and other non-perishables each Sunday or Wednesday during the month and place items under the display in the foxtrot. Karen Couch will deliver the food during the week following the last Sunday of the month.
Please be in prayer for the youth who will be participating in a weekend youth retreat at Cleburne State Park Friday, February 21st – February 23rd.
Linda Leal from the Center of Hope will be our special guest speaker on Wednesday night February 26th, 2020 at 6:30PM. All Adults, Youth, and Children will meet in the sanctuary for this special presentation.
**As you know, Emily Ross has been serving as our church pianist. Our Pastor and Deacons have been praying and discussing with Emily the opportunity to serve as our Music Minister/Director as well as church pianist. Emily will be leading our worship February 16th, March 1st, and March 8th. During this time, we are asked to pray for Emily and seek the Lord’s will about this important staff position for our church. At the close of the morning service on March 8th, 2020, we will have a special called business meeting so the church family can vote by secret ballot to confirm the Lord’s will and the decision of the church.
Please note the following dates that members of our church family have reserved the church facilities for special events:
- February 23rd, 2020, Sunday afternoon for a shower
- February 29th, 2020, Saturday for a wedding
- March 21st, 2020, Saturday for a shower
- April 4th, 2020, to celebrateCarolyn Hill’s 70th birthday (church family invited)
- April 18th, 2020, Saturday for a wedding shower
- May 21st-23rd, 2020, Thursday – Saturday for a wedding
- August 6th-8th, 2020, Thursday – Saturday for a wedding
In our November 2019 church business meeting, the church approved a recommendation from the Pastor and Deacons to elect some additional men to serve the church as Deacons. We are now ready to begin that process. The steps in the process will be as follows:
- We are announcing the beginning of the process for two weeks, Sunday, January 19th and Sunday, January 26th.
- During our morning worship on Sunday, February 2nd, 2020, I (Pastor Gene) will do a short message to summarize the Scriptural qualifications for men who serve as Deacons, and then we will have a question and answer time in case anyone needs clarification about the qualifications, and then I (Pastor Gene) will close the message time with a short application of those Spiritual qualifications for all of us.
- We will have a “ballot box” or “nominations box” available in the sanctuary for 3 weeks on Sunday, February 9th, Sunday, February 16th, and Sunday, February 23rd so that church members may submit nominations for men they feel could serve the church well as Deacons. Church members are not restricted to one nomination, but may nominate those men (1, 2, or 3, etc.) that they feel are qualified to serve and would serve our Beulah church family well.
- At the close of our morning service on Sunday, February 23rd nominations will be considered closed. Then the Pastor and Deacons will prayerfully review the nominations, interview, and evaluate the nominated candidates to affirm their qualifications for service, and ask those who are Scripturally qualified to prayerfully consider serving the church as a Deacon. This process could take several weeks. At the end of this process the Deacons will submit to the church the names of those who have affirmed their willingness to serve for confirmation by the Church family.
- After the church has confirmed the candidates who are willing to serve, we will plan a Deacon ordination service for those candidates who have not been ordained before to serve as a Deacon. Please be praying about this process for our church and seeking God’s wisdom for all of us. Our desire is for God to control the process and make His will known through His church.
Please be praying about this process for our church and seeking God’s wisdom for all of us. Our desire is for God to control the process and make His will known through His church.